6 bottles of assorted white wines:
- Fledge & Co Jikken Bareru Sauvignon Blanc – a soft and pleasing wine showing a more herbaceous profile with hints of fig
- Mellish Blanc Fume is linear and fresh with hints of pear, white peach and a salty mineral note on the finish. 60% older oak helps fill out the mid-palate (oysters anyone?)
- Beaumont Chenin Blanc – the new vintage of a perennial favourite
- Cape of Good Hope Laing Semillon (Groendruif) from Citrusdal Mountain – a stunner! Complex and appealing, this is one that develops beautifully
- False Bay Chenin Blanc by Waterkloof – worthwhile keeping stock of this in the house for those unexpected gatherings
- Wolf and Woman Grenache Rose by Jolandie Fouche – a Swartland rose showing delicate red berry notes with a dry, grippy finish.